Table of Contents
- What Is Levitra?
- Levitra Composition
- Levitra Indications
- Generic Levitra (Tadalafil)
- Dosing and Administration
- Side Effects
- Interactions with Other Drugs
Levitra is a medication created to carry out treatment of erectile dysfunction. The active agent of medicine is Vardenafil. What does occur in an organism under its influence? Cavernous bodies and genital vessels relax and freely pass blood. At the same time, the blood-groove in bodies of a small pelvis and in genitals amplifies and actively fills cavernous bodies. At natural sexual excitement (and only in this case) there is a firm erection.
Erection disappearance is connected with the production of the special substance PDE-5. It brings the cavernous body to a sluggish state again, narrows vessels and pushes out blood from a penis. Vardenafil slows down development of PDE-5. Blood for a long time remains in a penis. The erection remains longer, and sexual intercourse becomes longer. Besides, the genitals which are plentifully filled with blood are much more sensitive. Therefore feelings during proximity become brighter and intensive.
Vardenafil is completely brought from an organism within 24 hours. To avoid overdose, the interval between reception of means has to be not less than twenty-four hours.
|Active Ingredient||Additive Substances|
|vardenafil 5 mg, 10 mg or 20 mg, which is equivalent to the active ingredient in the form of vardenafil, trihydrate hydrochloride 5,926 mg, 11,852 mg or 23,705 mg, respectively.||crospovidone, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, macrogol, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, iron dye oxide, yellow, iron oxide red dye.|
Brand Levitra, as well as generic, has the identical composition. The difference may lie only in additional additive substances.
According to the instructions, Levitra is prescribed for erectile dysfunction, characterized by a male inability to achieve and maintain the erection required to perform sexual intercourse on a sufficient level.
The great demand for a unique and highly effective preparation has led to the production of numerous generics. Generic Levitra is exact copies of original, with the same efficiency and safety, is only made by other pharmaceutical firms, on the chemical formula developed by the company drug-manufacturer and technology. And, the issue “Levitra Price” with generics is resolved easily. They are several times cheaper than original preparations. Therefore it is much simpler to any human being to buy Levitra now. The price of generics is quite available to their average inhabitant, especially on My Canadian Pharmacy.
Many are guarded by such difference in the price. But the reason is perfect as well as is transparent. Development of a new original preparation demands from the company developer of huge costs for researches, tests, advertising and development of the production technology. Other companies make medicine on already ready chemical formula, using ready and proper technologies. The prime cost of Generic Levitra is much lower. Therefore at the same properties also the price is lower.
More and more men are damaged by erectile dysfunction that’s why it is necessary to provide them with remedies directed to eliminate the symptoms as fast as possible. Generic Levitra is the exact preparation carrying out this concrete function.
Levitra is taken orally independently of food intake. The initial recommended Levitra dosage is 10 mg 25-60 min before sexual intercourse. It can also be taken at any time between 4-5 hours and 25 minutes before sexual activity. The maximum recommended Levitra administration frequency is 1 time per day.
Taking into account the effectiveness and tolerability, Levitra dosage can be magnified to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg per day. Generic Levitra maximum daily dosage is 20 mg.
Levitra dosage adjustment is not required in elderly patients.
In patients with mild hepatic insufficiency, correction of the dosing regimen is not required. In patients with moderate hepatic insufficiency, the initial Canadian Pharmacy Levitra dosage is 5 mg per day. Further, depending on the treatment effectiveness and tolerability, the dose can be increased to 10 mg and then to 20 mg.
In patients with mild to moderate renal insufficiency, correction of the dosing regimen is not required.
During a study in healthy volunteers, Vardenafil was tested in single doses of up to 120 mg per day. One-time doses of vardenafil to 80 mg and multiple doses up to 40 mg of Vardenafil, administered once a day for 4 weeks were tolerated without the occurrence of serious adverse side effects.
However, with Vardenafil application in a dosage of 40 mg 2 times per day, pronounced lower back pain without signs of toxic effects on the muscular and nervous systems was recorded.
In cases of overdose, standard maintenance therapy should be carried out.
Since Vardenafil combines highly with plasma proteins, and only a small amount of the drug is excreted by kidneys, the level of hemodialysis effectiveness is low.
Common Levitra side effects are:
- visual impairment;
- coordination of movements disorders;
- general weakness;
- muscular tension;
- dyspeptic phenomena;
- cheeks redness;
- increased blood pressure;
- cardiac performance violation;
- ischemic manifestations;
- nasal bleeding;
- laryngeal edema;
- anaphylactic manifestations;
- lumbar region unpleasant sensations;
Most often, when applying Levitra from My Canadian Pharmacy, men do not experience any inconvenience or undesirable phenomena. Sometimes the side effects are so weak causing no disturbances.
Additionally, they soon enough independently disappear. When prescribing the drug, it is necessary to take into account the individual reaction to the drug and its components.
Side effects of Levitra can include infrequent headaches, deterioration of visual perception, disruption of movements’ coordination, weakness, muscular tension.
Also, when undergoing treatment with this medication, there may be violations in the digestive system, such as vomiting, dyspepsia, some changes in the hepatic biologically active substances production. When applying this ED drug, cheeks redness, increased blood pressure, violations of heart work, ischemic manifestations, nasal bleedings together with a runny nose and dyspnoea may be observed.
Laryngeal edema, anaphylactic manifestations can also be attributed to the allergic reactions. Also, with the use of this medication, a small number of men had an individual manifestation of photosensitization. Treatment with this drug can cause muscle pain, lumbar region discomfort.
In rare cases, the use of this drug causes priapism. A very small number of patients suffers from increased intraocular pressure and glaucoma.
- hypersensitivity to Levitra components;
- simultaneous application of organic nitrates or other drugs that release NO;
- alpha-blockers intake;
- severe hepatic insufficiency;
- kidney disease in the terminal stage requiring hemodialysis;
- arterial hypotension, recent stroke or myocardial infarction (within the last 6 months);
- unstable angina;
- hereditary degenerative retina diseases (including retinitis pigmentosa);
- under 18 years of age.
Be cautious when applying Levitra online from Canadian Pharmacy:
- anatomic penile deformation (curvature, cavernous fibrosis or Peyronie’s disease);
- predisposing to priapism development (sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma or leukemia);
- predisposition to bleeding;
- peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum in exacerbation stage.
- Inhibitors of the cytochrome P450 system (cimetidine, ketoconazole, itraconazole, indinavir, ritonavir) may reduce Levitra’s clearance (when combined with these drugs, do not exceed 5 mg Vardenafil dosage daily).
- When Levitra is applied together with the CYP3A4 inhibitor erythromycin, do not exceed 10 mg Vardenafil dosage daily.
- The simultaneous application of Levitra with alpha-blockers can cause an expressed blood pressure decrease, so Levitra (Vardenafil) should be taken no earlier than 6 hours after taking alpha-blockers.
- No significant pharmacokinetic interactions were observed with the combined use of Levitra with glibenclamide, nifedipine, warfarin and digoxin. When combined with warfarin, there was no change in prothrombin time and clotting factors.
- When Levitra was used together with ASA, antacids, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, diuretics, hypoglycemic drugs (sulfonylurea and metformin drugs), ranitidine, the Vardenafil pharmacokinetics did not alter.
- Since PDE inhibitors affect NO/cGMP system, PDE5 inhibitors can enhance the hypotensive nitrates’ effect.
- Levitra in form of monotherapy does not suppress platelet aggregation, caused by various platelet agonists. With the use of vardenafil in concentrations exceeding therapeutic, there was a slight dose-dependent increase in the anti-aggregation effect of sodium nitroprusside releasing NO.